Uniquely Mid Century in Historic Aro Valley
Sitting discreetly amongst the historic homes and buildings of Aro Valley, sits this distinctly mid-century property designed by Maurice Patience and built in 1967.
With its clean, linear lines and plentiful use of the mid-century staples; ample glazing, concrete, cork floors, timber and steel, this unique Aro Valley property is a rare gem in Central Wellington. Offering:
- Three double bedrooms plus an additional internal room for flexi use
- Two bathrooms (one with incredible vintage blue ceramic bath and pedestal basin)
- Light and bright open plan living with built in shelving and extensive north-facing windows opening to verandah
- Ply and stainless-steel kitchen
- Office space with built in desk and shelving
- Private and sunny rear landscaped courtyard garden with original 1960s stonework and raised vegetable/herb garden
- Stunning double height entry foyer with open tread staircase
- Mostly double glazed
- Off street parking for one-two cars with sheltered front courtyard
- Walk to the City, Aro Valley eateries, stores and Garage Project
- Zoned for Wellington Girls and Boys College, Wellington East and Wellington High School
- BEO $1,495,000
Architect Maurice Patience was also an urban planner and teacher at Wellington's Architectural Centre and sometime editor of Design Review, the Centre's journal. He was part of the small but vital Wellington Architectural fraternity that included Bill Toomath, Helmut Einhorn and Ernst Plischke and this home is one of his iconic projects which has been treasured by owners since its inception.
These opportunities are beyond rare and this home is beyond compare in the eclectic heart of our Capital - do not delay!
Tender closes 1pm, Wednesday 3rd March 2021 at 8 Kent Terrace, Wellington (not selling prior).
During Level 2 Lowe & Co Realty will be practising safe workplace guidelines as issued by REINZ.